So I didn't really know how to introduce myself to anyone who might be new to the blog so I thought I would mock up a Frequently Answered Questions session, albeit they do lack the Frequently Asked qualification part of the aforementioned title and not all of the following are indeed questions.
YouTube - DundonianRider
Instagram - alex_marr1
Twitter - @alexmarr98
Strava:
So what's your name and what on earth are you doing with this blog?
So I'm Alex Marr, I'm 19 years old and I'm a racing cyclist, primarily on the road. I'll try and use this blog to write about how my season's going, what happens in the races and how I get on, and I may sometimes (rather foolishly) voice my opinion on topics that are going on in Cycling, whether that be in the Scottish arena or in a much wider context.![]() |
| Myself (in red) holding off the bunch in May Day Gallop APR, Photo: Pam'la Craig |
Do you race for a club/team?
Yes, I ride for Holburn Cycles, who are based in Aberdeen. It's our first year as a team and we're starting out on quite a small scale but hope to develop this season and grow into something more ambitious in 2019. You can follow the team on Facebook and Instagram.Do you have any goals for this year?
Of course, my main goal is to achieve my 3rd Category license; which I think may happen but I'd rather it was sooner rather than later as I would like to do a couple of National B races later in the season (I don't know why as it'll just mean that slightly better riders can drop me). In terms of smaller goals, I really want to break the 25-00 barrier for a 10 mile Time Trial. I know it doesn't sound that great but I'm a small guy and don't produce the high wattages of some guys my age.Hey, don't you have a really cringey YouTube channel?
Okay, harsh (but fair). Yes, I do. I leave a link to it here. I will upload more videos to it, but I must confess, I am very lazy when it comes to the editing process. Please do subscribe, and send me all the praise/abuse it deserves.What's with the name DundonianRider?
Right, I've been asked this one a few times and to be frank, it is quite self-explanatory. I'm from Dundee - which makes me Dundonian; and I am a cyclist which provides the suffix of my name.Is there any other social media platforms we can follow you on?
Yes, just as well you asked that, you can follow me on Strava, Instagram, Twitter and of course the aforementioned YouTube.YouTube - DundonianRider
Instagram - alex_marr1
Twitter - @alexmarr98
Strava:

Comments
Post a Comment