Looking forward to the Tour Series (Preview)

The Tour Series, for those who don't know is a series of Elite city centre circuit races (known as criteriums or crits for short), held in Britain in May of each year.The Aberdeen round of the series is on Thursday and myself and my teammates are racing the Cat 3/4 Race - one of the support events before the Elite Men and Women in the evening.

I am fortunate enough to be attuned to the circuit - partly because I am a student in Aberdeen - but mostly because I raced the same event last year. Last year, saw myself right take my place as the Lantern Rouge. I found the conditions very hard to deal with, it was 28C last year, this year looks to be more mundane but still basking in the Sun.

This year, however, I am hoping for better - I have done some sweetspot and sprint training sessions recently to try and acclimatise my body to criterium racing - which is requires a slightly different set of skills to a normal road race.

The circuit itself is not mega technical, albeit there was an adverse camber corner and a hairpin near the terminus of each lap. In terms of a target, I was hoping for a top 20, however, I may end up working for a teammate, which will most likely be for the best. My sprint is puny at best, horrendous at worst. I should add that the race is on Union Street/Terrace at about 1:30pm if anyone wants to come and watch.
Video of Last Year: (not my POV)

Comments